Passion. Vision. Dreams.
Everyone has them!
Mycareerplanet.com can help you determine what to do with your life, select your college major and your career.The best career choices begin with knowing who you are and how your interests, personality, abilities, and values match up with the world of work. To make the best career decision, begin by taking the online career tests and then speaking to a career counselor.
Why is career planning so important?
- Many high school students typically enter college or the work force without a clear picture of what they want to do with their lives.
- Currently, over 30% of college students take five or more years to get their degree. College students on average change their major two or three times. As many as 40% of college freshmen do not have a major. Career indecision can be very costly. According to the College Board's "Trends in College Pricing 2006" report, tuition and fees at four-year public colleges rose 6.3% and at private four-year colleges 5.9%. Are students and parents prepared for the additional time and cost of an extra year of college?
- A 2005 Gallup poll showed that 41% of college graduates loved their jobs compared with 31% of those with only some college education and 21% of those with no college education. Similarly, 39% of workers living in households making at least $50,000 say they love their jobs, compared with 22% of those living in lower income households.
- College graduates will earn about $1,000,000 more than a high school graduate during the course of their career according to the Census Bureau Statistics.
- According to the Conference Board, employees are increasingly unhappy at work. Only 50% of people are satisfied with their jobs today.
- Working adults change careers three or four times in a lifetime and work six to eight jobs within a career field.
We are committed to helping you make the best career decisions. We work with high school students, college students, and career-changers who wish to find the best career fit.
We can help you find the direction you desire and the confidence you need to achieve career success and personal happiness. We offer personalized services for each client, including career testing and career counseling and coaching to assist you in your search.
Begin your career search by taking the online career test. Click here to view the various test packages available.